Civil Litigation Lawyer Singapore
There are many civil litigation lawyers in Singapore.
Finding any civil litigation lawyer is not difficult.
However, finding a good civil litigation lawyer which can deliver results at a reasonable price (and with the least stress) is extremely difficult.
Good Civil Litigation Lawyer
Let us consider the key attributes of a good civil litigation lawyer:
- Provides prompt updates
- Reasonably priced
- Co-operates with clients
- Does not argue with you
- Sticks to the price that was quoted
- Does not co-operate with opposing counsel
Not-so-Good Civil Litigation Lawyer
Key attributes of a not-so-good civil litigation lawyer are:
- Slow response time
- Does not provide prompt updates
- No strategy whatsoever
- Fees keep increasing in stages
- Argues with you
- Not aligned with client’s best outcome
- Lack of qualifications
- Lack of experience
- Does not stick to the price that was quoted
- Cannot be trusted
- Co-operates with opposing counsel
- Threatens to sue the client
Hence, when selecting a civil litigation lawyer, one needs to work very hard in choosing one to represent you in Court.
Criteria for Selecting a Service Provider
The law firm and the civil litigation lawyer is essentially a service provider. Choosing a service provider requires careful research and long term planning.
The civil litigation lawyer must, as a minimum, fulfil the following criteria:
- have a strategic focus, and executes according to strategy;
- be sustainable and effective, so that parties can work together in the long run;
- embrace new technology, and not use old technology that increases legal fees and decreases speed to litigation;
- understand that planning is just as important as execution;
- see itself as more than just a service provider;
- offer a personalised service to each individual client.