Alvin is an Advocate & Solicitor of the Republic of Singapore and is qualified to practice law in Singapore.
Tel: +65 8816 8899
Education and Qualifications
LL.M. (Law and Economics), Erasmus University (2016)
LL.B. (Hons, 2:1), National University of Singapore
B.Sc (Electrical Engineering), Stanford University
A.B. (Economics), Stanford University
Member, Law Society of Singapore
Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Alvin is a Singapore qualified lawyer who has expertise in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, financial regulation, compliance, commercial matters, trusts, and financing. He has advised a range of clients that include listed and private companies, banks, SMEs, start-ups and individuals. He also has experience with cross-border transactions involving Singapore, China, Indonesia, Malaysia and the US.
Alvin has 10 years of experience in the legal industry. He was educated at Stanford University and the National University of Singapore and has qualified for an LL.M. in law and economics from the University of Hamburg and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Some of the transactions he has advised on include:
• Advising one of Singapore’s largest listed companies in a US$50M joint venture with a Japanese company.
• Acting for a German bank in the sale of its trust business in Singapore.
• Advising a Japanese bank on SFA and FAA issues in relation to its conduct of business in Singapore.
• Acting for a listed company in its US$200M investment by way of convertible bonds and shares in a property group developing land in Shanghai, China.
• Acting for a listed company in its S$56M acquisition of shares in an Indonesian plantation company.
• Acting for the Offeror in the due diligence on and bid for a listed petrochemical and oil company.
• Acting for a listed company in its S$10M investment by way of convertible bonds in a technology company.
• Advising a listed infrastructure trust on Listing Manual Chapter 9 and 10 issues and representing it in its correspondence with the SGX.
• Acting for a listed REIT in a US$50M loan facility.
• Acting for the Issuer in respect of the early redemption and restructuring of the terms of US$43M of notes.